Pearl Elegance Foundation, Incorporated provides and promotes charitable engagement and encouragement for the development of our community by addressing Alpha Kappa Alpha’s five key targets: Educational Enrichment, Health Promotion, Family Strengthening, Environmental Ownership and Global Impact.
Educational Enrichment is designed to motivate, engage and assist high school students in reaching their maximum potential. ASCEND℠ will focus on Achievement, Self-Awareness, Communication, Engagement, Networking and Developmental Skills. Students in the ASCEND℠ Program will have an opportunity to receive academic enrichment and life skills training to support their journey to college or vocational employment.
Health Promotion is dedicated to promoting health awareness in the areas of Alzheimer's Disease, Stroke and Mental Illness.
- The Alzheimer's Disease and Caregiver Support Program generates awareness and support for Alzheimer's programming and research. Alzheimer's disease is one of the fastest growing health challenges among African Americans.
- Stroke and Heart Disease Awareness remains a focus area concentrating on a major stroke prevention awareness campaign with emphasis on hypertension management, diet and exercise.
- Mental Health is also highlighted as our members bring attention to mental illness among diverse populations with low utilization of mental health services.
Family Strengthening Programs targets critical issues facing many families, including lack of food, shelter and financial means.
- Community based Childhood Hunger Initiatives partners with local agencies, food banks and community pantries.
- The Family Seasonal Wraps℠ Program offers sorority sponsors a major initiative to collect and donate hats, gloves, socks, scarves, coats, sweaters and other seasonal wraps for families in need.
- Fiscal Responsibility Programs allows members to work with partner organizations and families to help increase their understanding of budgeting, basic financial planning and benefits of home ownership.
High impact programs are implemented to provide healthy environments and improve the quality of life in underserved communities.
- The AKA1908 Playground Project℠ ensures children have safe and inviting places to play. Sorority members will restore and renew 1,908 existing community and school playgrounds with its Restore, Refresh and Renew Project℠.
- Through Acts of Green Project℠ members promote environmental sustainability by encouraging recycling, litter prevention and waste management through daily green efforts in local communities.
The implementation of the UNA-USA Global Classrooms Project prepares today's youth for an increasingly global and complex society and expands their understanding of the UN, its mission and focus.